The Sales course is a continuation of contract doctrine from your first semester Contract Law course. While Contract Law focused on the common law's approach to contracts, Sales will focus on statutory approaches. U.C.C. Article 2 (sale of goods) will be the main focus of the course, but we will also explore other code approaches to sales. We will explore international sales and the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (the CISG). We will also look at electronic commerce through the Uniform Electronics Transactions Act (UETA) and Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign).
- Course Number: GP-0069
- Credits: 2
- Course Format: Lecture
- Eligibility: Required JD course.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- This course is recommended for taking the bar exam.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.