This course is the class component of the Criminal Practice Clinic. Each week the class focuses on a specific type of criminal proceeding. Students prepare and execute bail arguments, opening statements, closing arguments, direct exams, cross exams, sentencing presentations and competency hearings. The class tours the NH State Prison. Panels of experienced prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges appear in this class to discuss the practice of criminal law. It is a practice oriented class that emphasizes the practical realities involved in the criminal law practice. Grading is based on classroom participation and the quality of the trial related student presentations.
- Course Number: CL-0018
- Credits: 2
- Prerequisites: Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Trial Advocacy, Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law
- Course Format: Clinic
- Eligibility: Open to 2Ls and 3Ls.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- Instructor Permission Required to Enroll.
- Course enrollment is limited to 8 students.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.