This course is an introduction to the Uniform Code Sections regulating standard commercial practices relating to payment via negotiable instruments (Art.s 3 &4); letters of credit (art. 5) and secured transactions (art.9). This course is coordinated with the course in Debtor Creditor relations and addresses material tested on bar examinations specifically the concepts of negotiability, holders in due course, the relationship of banks to their customers, letters of credit and secured transactions together with the law implementing and elaborating those concepts.
- Course Number: GP-0082
- Credits: 3
- Prerequisites: Article 2 sales or statutory law equivalent.
- Course Format: Problem-Based
- Eligibility: Open to all except 1Ls.
- Final examination: 80%
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: 20%
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): -
Other Course Information
- Course enrollment is limited to 20 students.
- This course is recommended for taking the bar exam.
- This course may be taken for an S/U grade.