Computer Services - Emergency Alert Notification System
UNHLaw Alert Emergency Notification System
The University of New Hampshire School of Law has implemented the UNHLaw Alert emergency notification service for the entire campus. UNHLaw Alert provides rapid communication with community members in the event of an emergency of any type, such as an on-campus crime in progress, a weather delay, or school cancellation.
- You get to decide where and how you receive notifications.
- Capable of sending voice mail, email, and text messages.
- Unlimited number of contact numbers can be entered per person.
- Spouses and significant others can be included in your list of contact numbers.
- Easy web-page to keep your contact numbers up to date.
- All information entered will be kept private and used solely for this emergency notification service.
It is completely your responsibility to enter and maintain your UNHLaw Alert contact information. By default, your UNH School of Law email address is the first entry in the system. You can add or delete as many contacts as you wish, but you cannot delete or change your school email address.
How Do I Log In?
- Browse to https://www.myschoolcast.com/go/unhlaw
- Select your group from the drop-down menu (Faculty/Staff, Student, or Adjunct).
- Enter your UNH School of Law computer account username and password. This will normally be the first initial of your first name plus your last name. Do not include the email extension of "@law.unh.edu".
- Click "Submit."
How Do I Manage My Contact Information?
When you log in, you will see a screen like this:
1. By default, your UNH School of Law email address will be part of your contact list. You cannot modify or delete this address.
2. New contacts are created at the bottom of the list, by selecting a "Contact Type" (Email, Home Phone, Work Phone, or Cell Phone) and entering the relevant information. You may add a "Comment" in the text box for your own use - this text will not be used anywhere else. If you add a "Cell Phone," you will be given a check box to indicate whether or not you wish to receive text messages on that device.
3. If you only want to use this contact for emergencies, check "Emergency Only". If you check this box, however, that contact will not receive weather-related school closing notifications. If you do want a contact to receive weather-related closing notifications, do not check the "Emergency Only" checkbox.
4. Click "Add" to complete the entry. Your new entry will show up in the list above.
5. To edit any contact you've already added, click the "Edit" icon and save your new information. If you want to delete a contact, click the "Delete" icon.
Important: All text messages will appear to come from a 5-digit number / UNHLaw_Alert.
As a backup to UNHLaw Alert and to notify the public, WMUR-TV/Channel 9 (wmur.com) will also announce weather-related cancellations or delays (and post them to their website). In the case of a conflict or delay between UNHLaw Alert and the media, UNHLaw Alert should be followed.