Intellectual Property Law Program
IP Law Degrees Available: JD, LLM, Master’s and Certificate.
As a top 10 IP law program in the United States for more than 20 years (as ranked by US News & World Report), the University of New Hampshire School of Law has one of the most respected and comprehensive patent law and practice programs in the country available online or on campus. With 40 years of experience as an IP powerhouse, the Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property boasts a talented faculty, a global network of influential IP practitioners, and a rich array of IP resources and programs. Request more information today.
Our multi-disciplinary approach sparks the innovation you will need to head off critical challenges in law, technology, and global commerce. Engage with some of the brightest minds in IP law and hone your skills in practice situations around the globe. When you graduate from UNH Law, you will work at the level of a second- or third-year law firm associate.
Discover the Best
World-class faculty. Innovative curriculum. Global experience.
- Program name: Intellectual Property
- Format: Residential, limited residential, online
- Degrees available: JD (curricular track in IP), LLM, Master’s, Certificate
- Start date: August 28, 2018
- Due date/Application Deadline (this date is subject to change): April 1 priority
- Cost: $37,100 (JD full-time program, in-state) or $41,100 (JD full-time program, out-of-state)
$32,900 (LLM or Master's, in-state) or $36,600 (LLM or Master's, out-of-state)
$1,125 per credit/$7,470 full-time (in-state) or $1,250 per credit/$8,300 (out-of-state)
- Duration: 3 years (JD), 24 credits (LLM), 30 credits (Master’s), 15 credits (Certificate)
IP Law Sample Courses
Our patent law and practice curriculum is among the most comprehensive in the country, and we offer extensive, cutting edge IP courses that touch on current issues shaping IP law today, like E-Commerce and the Law, Online Brand Management, and Technology Licensing.
- Advanced Patent Litigation
- Copyright Law
- E-Commerce & the Law
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property and International Trade
- Online Brand Management
- Patent Application Preparation & Prosecution
- Trademarks & Deceptive Practices
Our IP alumni work around the world, at companies and organizations including the following:
- Fish & Richardson
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- General Electric
- Lando & Anastasi
- Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt
- Oliff PLC
- Seyfarth Shaw
- US Patent and Trademark Office