Exit Counseling Information: JD Class of 2016
1. Acess your Federal Financial Aid Loan records in the National Student Loan Data System at www.nslds.ed.gov. Make sure your Loan Servicers have your correct address information.
2. You are required to complete online Exit Counseling for your Federal Loans. Go to http://www.unh.edu/business-services/loanrqmts.html to complete. For information about student loan repayment options, call Access Assist at 1-844-755-4357.
3. Your Servicers will be sending you notices regarding your loans. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO OPEN WHATEVER IS SENT TO YOU AS YOU MAY BE ASKED TO COMPLETE AND RETURN INFORMATION TO THE LENDER OR THE LOAN SERVICER. FAILURE TO REMAIN IN CONTACT WITH YOUR SERVICERS MAY RESULT IN LOAN SERVICING PROBLEMS, INCLUDING DELIQUENCY OR DEFAULT THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.
4. If you are uncertain who the holder of your loan is check at www.nslds.ed.gov. Remember that you will have multiple lenders/services unless you Consolidate your loans.
5. If you DEFAULT on a student loan, YOUR CREDIT WILL BE DIRECTLY IMPACTED AND the authority of UNH School of Law to offer federal loans for future students may be restricted. UNH School of Law has the authority to offer federal loan eligibility based upon prior default statistics. This privilege can be limited, suspended or terminated by the federal government or private lenders, which would mean future UNH School of Law students would be unable to borrow.
Loan Statistics - JD Class of 2016
|Program||Total $||Recipients||Avg. debt per program per recipient||Average debt per program per graduate||Percent of students with this dept|
|Federal Direct Stafford||3,237,792||60||53,963||45,603||84.5%|
|Federal Direct Graduate Plus||2,544,632||49||51,931||35,840||69.0%|
|Number of JD Graduates||71|
|Number of JD Graduates with Loans||60|
|Percent of Graduates with Debt||84.5%|
|Total Debt for Graduating Class||$5,790,424|
|Average Debt per JD Graduate||$81,555|
|Highest Debt Load||$176,610|
|Lowest Debt Load (excluding $0)||$20,000|