We recognize that COVID-19 will continue to be with us but no longer requires an emergency response. Under this approach, each member of our community will be empowered to make mitigation and risk decisions based on their personal circumstances. As we make this shift, we will also ensure that we retain or create the appropriate structures to respond in the event of another outbreak – of COVID or any other pathogen.
We have made great progress as a community in getting vaccinated against the virus—the most effective preventive measure we have—and I am so grateful for this effort.
- Rapid self-test kits will always be available at the reception desk.
- Alternatively, voluntary self-swab laboratory testing is available for submission on Mondays and Thursdays by noon in the drop box outside of the law school.
- Students, staff, and faculty desiring to submit voluntary self-swab tests will obtain kits and new labels at the reception desk during office hours. Old labels from the spring semester are no longer valid – new labels must be obtained from the reception desk. Please contact John MacLennan with further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are feeling any symptoms, please STAY HOME! If at any point you have any symptoms, we ask that you please help ensure the safety of yourself and others by staying home and notifying your professors until you are able to submit another COVID test.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, please upload the positive result.
- We are following quarantine and isolation guidance. You can end isolation after day five if you test negative on a rapid test and upload the result. Rapid tests are available at the law school reception desk and you may contact John MacLennan with further questions at email@example.com to make arrangements to get a kit.
Under university policy, masks are not required in indoor spaces. We do ask that each person be respectful of others, including in the event that someone requests you to wear a mask at other times – including in the classroom.
Thank you for your continued support as we continue to do our part to stay safe.