Equity Partner and National Patent Practice Leader at Holland & Knight
Registered Patent Attorney
LL.M. in Intellectual Property
Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of New York
A registered patent attorney and an electrical engineer, Colandreo focuses his practice on client management & development, general intellectual property prosecution, transactional work, litigation and M&A support, due diligence work, and IP opinion work.
Prior to entering law school, Colandreo worked as a systems / software engineer for Johnson Controls and, prior to joining Holland & Knight, he practiced at the Boston offices of Fish & Richardson and McDermott, Will & Emery.
Brian J. Colandreo has considerable patent prosecution / IP counseling experience in the following technological areas: client software, server software, GUIs, social networking, electrical hardware, consumer devices & systems, medical devices & systems, network devices & systems, telecommunication devices & systems, wireless communication devices & systems, distributed computing systems, distributed storage systems, data arrays, data encryption systems & methods, computer & resource virtualization, network time-slicing, mechanical devices, and electromechanical devices.
Colandreo represents many different types of clients (both foreign and domestic), ranging from home-based start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
His specialties areas include:
- Domestic patent preparation and prosecution
- Foreign / International patent preparation and prosecution
- All issues concerning patent law
- All issues concerning IP matters
- Post grant proceedings
- Patent litigation support
- Merger and acquisition support
- Patent infringement analysis
- Patent validity analysis
- Due diligence work
- Transactional work
- Licensing work
- Opinion work
- “Design Around” work
- General client counseling
- IP strategy work
- IP Best practices work
- IP / Patent portfolio analysis
- IP / Patent portfolio management
- IP / Patent portfolio development
- Trademark counseling and prosecution