The Criminal Practice Clinic is an intensive clinical experience. Students represent indigent defendants accused of misdemeanor level crimes. This Clinic focuses on the development of client-centered skills such as interviewing, counseling, case analysis, trial advocacy, plea negotiation and file organization. Students appear at a variety of hearings/trials at District Courts in Hillsborough and Merrimack counties. Grading is based on student performance during client representation. Grading factors include communication with clients, file organization, case analysis and preparation, docketing, hearing/trial advocacy, plea negotiation and interaction with the clinical supervisor.
- Course Number: CL-0017
- Credits: 3
- Prerequisites: Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Trial Advocacy, Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law
- Course Format: Clinic
- Eligibility: Open to 2Ls and 3Ls.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- Instructor Permission Required to Enroll.
- Course enrollment is limited to 8 students.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.