This course is an intensive clinical experience. Students in the Advanced Criminal Practice Clinic primarily focus on representation of indigent clients accused of felony level crimes. This clinical course concentrates on the development of client-centered skills such as interviewing, counseling, plea negotiation, case analysis, trial advocacy and file organization. It involves multiple appearances for a variety of hearings and/or trials. Grading is based on multiple factors including communication with clients, file organization, case analysis and preparation, docketing, trial advocacy, plea negotiation and interactions with the clinical supervisor.
- Course Number: CL-0024
- Credits: 3
- Prerequisites: Criminal Practice Clinic, Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Trial Advocacy, Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law
- Course Format: Clinic
- Eligibility: Open to 3Ls only.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- Instructor Permission Required to Enroll.
- Course enrollment is limited to 6 students.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.