This course will address the legal and transactional issues involved with live performance, recording agreements, motion picture licensing, finance, and development, virtual entertainment of computer gaming and virtual worlds, and new media. Students will immerse themselves in the deal-making aspects of practice in the entertainment industry and the relationships between the media producers, distributors and artists in these industries.
- Course Number: IP-0015
- Credits: 2
- Course Format: Lecture
- Eligibility: Open to all students.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- This course may be taken for an S/U grade.