The Clinic class is the lecture component of the Clinic experience. Unless the student has previously taken the Intellectual Property & Transaction Clinic-Class combination, enrollment in the class is required in conjunction with enrollment in the Clinic. The class will cover lawyering skills and the mechanics, skills, ethics, and decision-making exercises which reflect many of the projects assigned to students in the clinic. In particular, students will be asked to demonstrate literacy in obtaining information through public and fee-based databases, through client interviews, and internal resources to properly identify client issues, analyze information, strategize options, engage in participatory model client decision-making, and take and complete action on the strategic plan, reflecting on each step in a weekly journal.
- Course Number: CL-0035
- Credits: 2
- Prerequisites: I will enroll up to 8 students having an interest in practical experience in IP, ranking them for enrollment purposes based on prior class work. In particular, I look to prior and current enrollment in Trademarks, Copyrights, Trademark Registration, and Business Associations, but I also consider other (similar) courses and life experience. Email me (Ashlyn.Lembree@Law.UNH.edu) for questions/clarification/submission of additional information beyond the above 4 courses.
- Corequisites: See prerequisites
- Course Format: Lecture
- Eligibility: Open to all except 1Ls.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- Course enrollment is limited to 8 students.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.