In this live client clinic, students will conduct interviews, research, draft documents and advise clients in a variety of intellectual property and transactional matters. This clinic regularly accepts referrals from the New Hampshire Chapter of Lawyers for the Arts. Amoskeag Business Incubator is also another referral source. That being said, many referrals come in through other inquiries as well. Clinic clients include authors, artists, musicians, publishers, and individuals operating small businesses or non-profit organizations with transactional and adversarial issues (including TTAB cases and litigation) pertaining to copyright and trademark registration and protection (or infringement), licensing, small business transactions, as well as assistance forming and managing non-profit corporations. The clinic does not handle patent prosecution for any clients. Students are expected to devote at least six hours per week working in the clinic law office, as well as attending one two hour lecture class each week. See the Clinic class description for more information.
- Course Number: CL-0036
- Credits: 2
- Prerequisites: I will enroll up to 8 students having an interest in practical experience in IP, ranking them for enrollment purposes based on prior class work. In particular, I look to prior and current enrollment in Trademarks, Copyrights, Trademark Registration, and Business Associations, but I also consider other (similar) courses and life experience. Please email me (Ashlyn.Lembree@Law.UNH.edu) with questions/clarification/submission of additional information beyond the above 4 courses.
- Corequisites: See prerequisites
- Course Format: Clinic
- Eligibility: Open to all except 1Ls.
- Final examination: -
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): 100%
Other Course Information
- Course enrollment is limited to 8 students.
- This course cannot be taken for an S/U grade.