The course begins with a review of the scientific milestones which establish the foundation for business activity grounded in biotechnology. This review will lead to an examination of legal issues faced by entities engaged in such business activity – including multinational pharmaceutical companies, as well as biotech companies. These legal issues include intellectual property (with emphasis on patent issues unique to biotech), company formation, technology transfer from non-profits, financing and federal regulation.
- Course Number: IP-0046
- Credits: 2
- Prerequisites: Fundamentals of Intellectual Property and Patent Law recommended.
- Course Format: Lecture
- Eligibility: Open to all except 1Ls.
- Final examination: 100%
- Midterm examination: -
- Class prep. and participation: -
- Research paper: -
- Regular submissions/quizzes: -
- Other (see syllabus): -
Other Course Information
- This course may be taken for an S/U grade.