University of New Hampshire

School of Law

Lenders & Servicers of Your Loans

  • If you are not sure who your lender or servicer is, you can find this information on the National Student Loan Data System website at You will find a complete listing of all your federal student loans here. Loans made from the Department of Education are serviced by a variety of agencies, including, ACS, Great Lakes, Sallie Mae, and FedLoans.
  • Your servicer will notify you shortly before you are to begin making payments. If you do not hear from your servicer, you should contact them directly. Remember, loan repayment is your responsibility.
  • If you have a problem with your lender or servicer that can't be resolved, there is another resource for you to access. The Department of Education's Office of the Ombudsman is an impartial and confidential agency that can assist borrowers with difficult situations concerning their student loans:
Search terms must contain 3 or more characters.