Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
The Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA) welcomes all University of New Hampshire School of Law students to join the effort to promote awareness and advocacy regarding issues affecting the Asian Pacific American community.
APALSA has five goals through collaboration and events:
- To advance Asian Pacific American law students through support, advocacy, and professional development on a national level.
- To develop a network of Asian Pacific American law student organizations across the nation.
- To foster the exchange of ideas and promote a deeper understanding of the legal, political, and social status of Asian Pacific Americans in society.
- To encourage leadership, participation, and involvement in the greater Asian Pacific American community.
- To inspire law students and legal professionals to serve the interests and aspirations of Asian Pacific Americans and all diverse populations.
Officers for the 2011-2012 academic year
President: Kelly Lu
Treasurer: Karishma Jiva
Mary W. S. Wong
Professor of Law
Faculty Chair for Global IP Partnerships
Chair, Intellectual Property Graduate Programs