Advanced Patent Law Institute
May 27-June 8, 2014
The new Advanced Patent Law Institute at the Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property is an advanced certification program created especially for:
- Patent attorneys, agents, and examiners
- Other IP and business professionals
- Advanced law students
The Advanced Patent Law Institute is a unique combination of seminars, updates and networking opportunities featuring lectures and discussions on some of the most important topics facing patent practitioners and IP-intensive businesses today.
The full institute runs for two weeks, though our flexible schedule allows you to register for just one week, or even for individual day sessions, if desired.
Classes will be carefully timed to ensure that attendees will not only maximize their learning, but will also have ample opportunity to get to know one another, including at networking receptions to be organized with leading members of the patent bar and professional legal organizations.
- WEEK 1: Advanced Patent Practice (2)**
- WEEK 2: Dispute Resolution in IP: Strategies & Alternatives (1)
- WEEK 2: Patent Portfolio Management (1)**
Courses marked with ** are only open to experienced lawyers or practitioners or advanced law students. They are not open to 1Ls. A prerequisite for JD students or Graduate students is U.S. Patent Law.
The APLI curriculum will include coverage of:
- What to expect from the forthcoming changes to the unified European patent system;
- Developments in patent litigation (including declaratory judgment jurisdiction, remedies, USPTO post-grant review and FRAND licensing) after cases such as Myriad and Apple v Samsung;
- Developments in US IP law, including recent decisions from the International Trade Commission and the impact of the America Invents Act (AIA);
- Tips and strategies for effective patent drafting and prosecution;
- Effective patent portfolio management; and
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution strategies for IP disputes.
Participants will receive a Certificate from the Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property upon completion of the program, and will also have the opportunity to enroll for additional IP courses being offered as part of the regular summer IP program at UNH Law.
Our distinguished faculty will include:
The cost is $1,370 per credit.
* UNH LAW Graduate Programs students are allowed to take up to 6 credits in IPSI, assuming that they meet the prerequisite for the course and that they do not go over the maximum number of credits allotted for the degree. (30 credits for an LLM student and 36 credits for a Master student)
** UNH Law Joint Degree students are allowed to take up to 6 credits in IPSI, assuming that they meet the prerequisite for the course and that they do not go over the maximum number of credits allotted for the joint degree. (6 credits for a joint degree student)
The Registration Form is now available. Register today!
Deposit Note: A non-refundable deposit of $200, which will be applied toward tuition, is required to reserve a place in the program. The deposit must accompany the application. If a student is not accepted into the program, any deposit will be returned.
Housing: For information on local accommodations, please visit here.
University of New Hampshire School of Law
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 513-5216