Get Out into the Real World
At UNH Franklin Pierce, we believe a law education should extend well beyond the walls of the classroom. That’s why nearly 80 percent of our students choose to supplement their rigorous academic curriculum with at least one legal residency. You can choose from a wide range of individually-tailored placements working with experienced attorneys and judges.
Legal Residencies (Externships)
Students earn academic credit while developing legal and professional skills in diverse settings, including government agencies, law firms, judicial chambers, nonprofit organizations, and corporations. You will interview clients, write briefs, and defend cases in actual courtrooms in real time.
UNH Franklin Pierce is proud to be a pioneer in providing experiential learning opportunities.
Our students' legal residencies have included:
- Sony Music Entertainment
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Northeastern University Athletic Department
- The Office of the Colorado State Public Defender
- Federal Trade Commission
- The Orchard
- KitchenAid Global Business Unit
- Office on Violence Against Women, United States Department of Justice
- Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg LLP
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit