We understand that the process of finding meaningful work is often a life-time endeavor, and thus, our commitment to University of New Hampshire School of Law students does not end at graduation. Whether you are looking for a job, interested in posting a job, or want to connect with current students or other alums, we invite you to take advantage of the many services our office offers, including career counseling, resume review, job postings, and networking opportunities.
Alumni are welcome to schedule an appointment to talk about career planning and job-searching techniques. Prior to making your appointment, you should review and be prepared to discuss the following topics, to ensure your counseling session is more productive and allow the career counselor to better assist you.
- What is your current employment situation?
- Your resume: Does it need to be revised or updated? If so, start thinking about what needs to be done to make it marketable for legal employers and, if possible, send us a copy of your updated resume prior to your counseling session.
- What do you want to do? Are you looking to stay in your current area of practice? Are you looking for an alternative career path?
- Where do you want to be, geographically? If you are looking outside New Hampshire, locate one law school in your area of interest where you can seek reciprocity.
- What have you done so far in your employment search? Make a list of anything you have done as well as any people you have contacted.
- Identify at least 5 networking contacts.
To schedule an appointment with a career counselor, please call (603) 513-5182 or email Mary Anne Aspell. We are also available to speak with you via telephone if that is more convenient. Please keep in mind that throughout much of the year, our focus is on assisting current students; however, we will do our best to accommodate your counseling request as soon as our schedules allow.
Loan Repayment Assistance Program
UNH Law is committed to ensuring Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) funds remain a reliable resource for graduates who choose careers serving the public interest.
Career Services Office
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 228-1541
Fax: (603) 225-9647
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m, or by appointment.