Finding Housing


The University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law has partnered with Places4Students.com, a company that specializes in providing Off-Campus Housing solutions for students. This service is FREE for anyone to use as an effective method of finding a place to live off-campus or finding a roommate. 
Registration is not required to search the listings.
•    Students can search rental listings in the Concord area here.
•    Students can register to post a Roommate or Sublet listing here.
•    Landlords can register to post listings here or call 1-866-766-0767 (toll free) to speak with customer service.

UNH Franklin Pierce Housing Listings
Create Your Student Account
Create Your Landlord Account

UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law Disclaimer

The University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law in Concord, NH offers Places4Students as a resource for students. The listings are not endorsed or reviewed by the university. Be aware that Places4Students does not confirm any identities or the accuracy of any posted information. It is the sole responsibility of the user to check out the landlord, roommates, and property. Users are also responsible for carefully reviewing rental contracts prior to signing. The University is not responsible for any liability or damage arising from the use of information on this site.

Get Comfortable

We know finding a new place to live can be challenging. We encourage students to do extensive research prior to signing a lease and submitting a deposit. Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions while you are determining the best place to live. Here are a few basic guidelines to help you better understand the easiest way to go about finding housing in the Concord area.
The cost of living in New Hampshire is one of the lowest in New England, and New Hampshire has no sales or state income tax. Concord is consistently ranked one of the nation's top micropolitan communities and offers a wide variety of housing options, from condominiums to charming apartments in the downtown district. 

A Lease Agreement
Signing a lease is the customary way to rent an apartment. Before moving in to your new place, you will have to sign a lease - a contract that states your obligation to pay rent on the property for a specific duration of time.

A Security Deposit
A security deposit (generally the amount of one month's rent) is required prior to moving in to an apartment. This sum protects the landlord from unspecified damages to the property. If no major damages occur, the deposit is returned at the end of the lease.

Before signing a lease, the landlord may or may not agree to pay for specific utilities (heat, electricity, etc.). Information concerning the average price of each utility can be received from the landlord. 

Landlord Rules/Policies
Landlords have specific rules and/or policies that should be respected. They may have rules/policies regarding loud music, certain types of cooking, and pets. Inquire about these rules/policies prior to signing the lease. Once you have agreed to the terms, abide by them throughout your stay.

Many apartments are not furnished, but students can easily find basic furnishings. Used furniture can be bought at a fair price and is found in the classified section of the local newspaper, from other students or local residents, from used furniture stores in town, and on the internet.

Sharing your living space with other students is not only a more economical way to live, but can also provide a learning environment for people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.

Renters Insurance

Your landlord will only insure the property only; you must purchase Renters Insurance to insure your belongings. In some cases, your parents’ home-owner insurance may cover your possessions but probably not. Check with your insurance agent and make sure your personal property is covered.

Other Considerations

  • Pets /Extra fee
  • Parking/ Plowing
  • Furnished / Unfurnished
  • Garbage removal & recycling
  • On site landlord

Contact Us
Lauren Berger

Assistant Dean for Students


The Concord Monitor, the local newspaper, can be a useful resource to locate housing. Many landlords with property to rent in Concord will place advertisements in the Monitor on a regular basis.

The Union Leader & New Hampshire Sunday News is another newspaper that may be useful in locating housing. Because of its wide circulation base throughout the state, landlords in Concord may list rentals here as well.

Craigslist is a centralized network of online communities, featuring free classified advertisements (with jobs, internships, housing, personals, for sale/barter/wanted, services, community, gigs, resume, and pets categories) and forums on various topics.

The University of New Hampshire School of Law has partnered with Places4Students.com, a company that specializes in providing Off-Campus Housing solutions for students. Landlords can register to post listings here or call 1-866-766-0767 (toll free) to speak with customer service.