IPSI has returned - and is better than ever!
Join lawyers, alumni, and law students at the IP Powerhouse for cutting-edge online courses in intellectual property.
• Learn from industry leaders at Fortune 500 companies and Am Law 100 firms and our expert faculty and alumni, like Micky Minhas (JD/LLM '97), pictured, former Vice President & Chief Patent Counsel at Microsoft, as they give you an insider's look into the future of IP.
• Network with in-the-trenches leaders from different companies and firms all over the world (where else can you mingle with leaders from Pepsi, Microsoft, Samsung, LG, and Box?!).
• Lead the way among your peers by becoming an expert in different fields in IP.
Check out our current line-up of faculty and 1- and 2-credit courses
(more courses being added soon!)
- IP Colloquium Series – Current Issues with Gene Quinn from IPWatchDog. Last year’s class was moderated by me and speakers included the General Counsels of Spotify and Tik Tok, the CEO of Allied Security Trust, Chief IP Counsels from Disney and 3M, and Wine Law from John Holdredge, a lawyer and winemaker from Sonoma County, CA
- Cannabis and IP – taught by San Francisco based attorneys Shabnam Malek and Amanda Conley
- Name, Image, and Likeness: The Controversy of Identity Licensing in Sports with Mike McCann
- Drug Wars: Patent Protections in the Life Sciences Industry with Richard Kurz, partner of the New York firm Haug Partners
- Doing Business in China with Jian Ma, Senior Director, Patent Licensing & Strategy at Microsoft
- From Traditional Media to Social Media: Current Issues and Events in the Law of Media and Mass Communication with Chris Reed, Senior Vice President of Intellectual Property, Content Protection, and Litigation, Fox Corporation
- Video Gaming & IP with Jessica Harrison, Partner at Resolute Legal, PLLC.
My favorite aspect of IPSI 2020 was …
“… the real-world impact of the speakers … All the VIP [professors] taught us about hot IP topics and how they are dealt with in the real IP world …. It was fascinating!”
“… how they brought VIP people in the area to the class to give us a solid perspective on each topic … They do an excellent job!”
“… the range of topics and speakers. They were all very relevant and informative. I learned something completely new.”
Who should attend?
This program is for legal professionals, recent law school graduates, law students entering their 2L or 3L year, and current UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law graduate students. UNH Franklin Pierce MIP alums are also invited to join the program.
When will it run?
First Session – May 24, 2021– June 11, 2021
Second Session – June 14, 2021 – July 2, 2021
How will classes be delivered?
Classes will be delivered synchronously, 100% online by our network of experts in the industry, our alumni, and our renowned faculty.
What will I gain by enrolling?
Gain expertise in a specific area of the law from experts in the field which will allow you to standout in the marketplace and make connections in the industry. Each class is either 1 or 2 credits and students can take as many as they like.
Will I be able to get CLE credits for taking the class?
We will be applying for CLE approval for some states, details to follow as the date gets closer.
Is financial aid available?
UNH Franklin Pierce law students can consult the Financial Aid webpage. Visiting law students should consult with financial aid at their home law schools.
This summer, learn from industry leaders exploring today's IP issues.