External organizations may rent rooms at UNH Franklin Pierce for law related workshops, meetings, and events.
Faculty and staff reserving rooms for external groups must be a primary participant in the event. Rooms are available through UNH Franklin Pierce on a space available basis. University of New Hampshire groups may book rooms at no cost at https://calendar.law.unh.edu
The University of New Hampshire complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. Please email if you need special assistance in order to attend this meeting.
All attendees are required to park in Parking Lots 1 & 2, then enter through the Main Entrance. The Main Entrance unlocks at 8 am, please plan the start of your meeting or event accordingly.
No events, rentals or classes when the school is closed without security on duty. Building hours follow the Law Library's operational hours.
- All doors remain locked when school is not in session.
- For student access to the Library, the door at 2 White Street will unlocked and be the access point for students until one hours before library is closed, at this time access is limited to student ID/swipe card..
- If no security scheduled and the building normally closed, organization/company wanting access for event will be billed for security, 4 hour minimum at $25/hour
- If school is on curtailed ops, no events meetings or classes at the Law School Building.
- Non-UNH Franklin Pierce events after 4pm on weekdays, or anytime on weekend require an extra security officer, to be paid by the organization/company.
- No events when classes are not in session (winter break, summer weekends, etc) without security officer present. If event scheduled, it would require the organization to be billed for security.
- Events during finals require a security officer assigned and paid by the organization and should be limited, allowing students to study or taking final.
- All room bookings must be submitted using the Room Rental Form.
- Faculty and staff reserving rooms for external groups must be a primary participant in the event and are still required to complete the Room Rental Form.
- Any event considered by the UNH Franklin Pierce to be potentially harmful to the public image of the UNH Franklin Pierce will not be allocated space.
- Rooms may be rented during normal business hours on a space available basis and are not available during exam weeks. A fee will be charged for rentals that take place outside of normal business hours. Business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Groups renting space will be held financially responsible for any special cleaning, maintenance or repair resulting from the event or activity.
Full day = more than 4 hours, half day = 4 hours or less
|Room||Capacity||Full Day Rate||Half Day Rate|
|Rm 101 - Zeliff Conference Room||16||$100||$50|
|Rm 175 - Tenney Family Boardroom||20||$200||$100|
|Rm 282 and IP Center Lobby||155||$800||$600|
|Rm 228 - Douglas J. Wood Boardroom||32||$200||$100|
|Rm 283 - Karl Jorda Conference Room||10||$200||$100|
The electronic Room Rental Form is required for all room requests from external groups for law related workshops, meetings or events. Requests will not be considered until the form has been submitted. Submitting the form does not ensure a reservation, only that you have indicated interest. You will be notified via email of the approval or denial of the request. Please allow up to seven business days from the time the request is submitted for a response. Room requests will be approved once all classes for the semester have been assigned classrooms and entered in the Room Book.
In general, please request rooms by the following dates:
- Mid-August for the fall semester
- Mid-January for the spring semester
- Mid-May for the summer semester
Payment is due according to the terms of your Rental Agreement, generally two weeks prior to the date of your rental. Please refer to your agreement for a specific due date.
Requirements for State of NH:
- The State of NH is self-insured, this is sufficient for state-sponsored rentals.
- Each department renting space is required to provide a letter of self insurance for each event they hold.
- Letters are usually generated from the State of NH Risk Management Unit.
Requirements for all others
- Acord Certificate of Liability Form 25, with the following elements:
- "University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law" listed as certificate holder. Address: 2 White St. Concord, NH 03301
- General Liability Coverage - $1MM per occurrence, $2MM aggregate
- Workers comp coverage is required if the host will have employees working on site.
- Minimum coverage in the amount of: $100k/$500K/100K
Other coverage we would like to see, but not required
- $1MM umbrella policy
- Organizations that do not have the minimum required coverage may buy a one-time “event policy”. There are many online companies that sell these.
- Proof of Insurance must be provided before an event/meeting will be approved.
- Email required insurance certificates to email@example.com
Facility users will be billed for any damages that occur during their event.
A/V assistance is provided by UNH Franklin Pierce between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. All classrooms and boardrooms on campus have a phone with the A/V Assistance Helpline listed. A/V assistance outside of these hours will incur charges and will have to be arranged at least two weeks in advance of the rental.
On street parking is available around the campus on the main streets. Please refer to the campus map for locations. Parking is strictly prohibited at all times in the fire lanes, no parking zones, reserved spaces and grassy areas. Parking is also prohibited in the White Park lot. Vehicles parked in any of these areas or found blocking neighboring residents’ driveways may be towed without notice at the owner’s expense. Event attendees may also park in the school owned parking lots if space is available.
If you plan to have food catered for your event, you are required to provide UNH Franklin Pierce with the caterer's name and the contact person. Your caterer may be required to provide proof of liability insurance. Your agreement will specify if this is necessary for your event.
No signage or decorations are permitted without the prior approval. Tape, tacks or nails are not allowed on any walls, woodwork, tables, monitors or screens.