Tuition & Fees

Your LL.M., Master and Diploma Investment

Graduate school is an investment in your career. To calculate how much it will cost, first determine whether your program would be a residential degree program, a limited residency or available online.

You can expect the additional costs of books, supplies, rent (if applicable), food and child care (if applicable) on top of tuition and fees.

We attempt to make available as many scholarships as possible to help reduce tuition costs. However, students should not expect scholarships to cover the entire cost. Scholarships also are only available for residential degree programs.

UNH Law offers generous scholarships for applicants from partner schools. Please contact our admissions team for further information.

Tuition Information

Student Fees for All Residential Graduate Programs

2016-2017 Academic Year
Grad Program Cost of Attendance
(for a nine-month period)
Out-of-State Residents New Hampshire Residents
Mandatory Fees - technology and student activity $285 $285
Books and Supplies $1,500* $1,500*
Transportation Expenses $3,630* $3,630*
Living Expenses $11,000* $11,000*
Miscellaneous - includes health insurance and other expenses $4,747 $4,747

 * These figures are estimates as each student's circumstances are different.

Living Expenses

Your cost of living is variable. The good news is that housing costs in the immediate Concord area, since it is a small city, are typically lower than a large metropolitan area.

About two-thirds of our students live in apartments within walking distance. Others choose to commute from greater distances.

Check out our housing website to view a wide range of housing options.

Your Funding Options

Financing a legal education can be challenging. That is particularly true for foreign students who have limited employment opportunities because of visa and academic restrictions.

If you are a foreign student, you do not have access to U.S. federal loans or Federal Work Study. (The Federal Work Study program allows a qualifying U.S. citizen or permanent resident to earn money instead of borrowing it.)

You should check with your country’s government since many do have scholarships available for education.

Foreign students have access to numerous free scholarship sites and excellent search engines specific to international funding.

Funding Resources to Check