Now that the Supreme Court has green-lighted sports betting, what comes next? And how can you become a player in the game?
Be on the leading edge of the regulatory environment that governs sports betting in the United States with the first-ever law school program dedicated to the law and business of sports wagering focusing on the legal and regulatory aspects and related integrity issues.
UNH Law Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Director of the Sports and Entertainment Law Institute, Michael McCann, has teamed up with nationally-recognized gaming attorney Daniel Wallach and Sportradar to develop our online Certificate in Sports Wagering and Integrity. This collaboration between two of the most respected sports law experts in the country teams up an elite sports and entertainment law program at a Top 100 law school with the world’s largest and most influential sport integrity monitoring company.
Our flexible, five-course online program is designed for working professionals, including practicing lawyers, gaming industry professionals, sports industry professionals, lawmakers and regulators, and anyone interested in a career in sports gaming. B.A. is required. You do not need to apply to law school or have a legal background.
- Gain pertinent and flexible training from an elite sports and entertainment law program at a Top 100 law school in conjunction with the world’s largest and most influential sport integrity monitoring company to help expand your professional impact and career growth potential.
- Acquire knowledge of specific laws and regulations surrounding sports wagering and how those laws interact with regulatory objectives.
- Gain critical insights into the legal and regulatory considerations surrounding sports wagering in the United States, with an emphasis on monitoring, the regulatory oversight of wagers from integrity and compliance perspectives.
- Acquire skills and insight into how integrity monitoring empowers regulators, leagues and other affected parties with the capacity to monitor all aspects of wagers, operators and sports, as well as on the mechanics of successfully running a sports book and other operational aspects of sports betting.
- Explore how to protect the integrity of sporting events, safeguard the privacy and contractual rights of consumers, and respond to the divergent and complementary interests of professional sports leagues, the NCAA, the gaming industry and governmental entities.
- Get direct access to the leading experts – lawyers, professors, regulators and sports industry professionals - focused on empowering professionals to implement integrity monitoring and identify patterns and trends leading to appropriate enforcement steps.
- Discover strategic approaches to address sports betting right and integrity fees, licensing issues, anti-money laundering and anti-fraud detection techniques, central reporting measures, use of law enforcement to curb illegal operators both domestic and abroad, customer protection strategies, managing the use and distribution of official sports data by leagues, players' unions and operators, and potential Blockchain and cryptocurrency applications.
- 100% online (no residency required)
- Asynchronous courses (video lectures and coursework completed on your schedule)
- Complete in as little as 10 months or longer if you choose.
- Fall, spring & summer terms
- Industry-leading sports law faculty
Program cost: $7,875
Classes are due to kickoff on Jan. 22, 2019. This program runs for three sessions. These sessions allow you to complete the entire program in less than one calendar year. If you want to join but can’t start in January 2019, we also will be welcoming participants to start in summer 2019 and fall 2019. Please request information using the form to stay in touch about summer and fall start dates.
- Introduction to U.S. Sports Betting Law & Regulation
- Safeguarding Sport Integrity and Advanced Integrity Monitoring
- Advanced Regulation of Sports Betting
- Sports Betting Operations, Partnerships, Business and Legal
- Global Regulation of Sports Betting
Faculty and Adjunct Professors (Tentative)
- Michael McCann
- Daniel Wallach
- Dr. Laila Mintas
- Jake Williams
- Mark Hichar
- Tommy Shepherd
- Jay McDaniel
- Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier
- Charles McIntyre
- Jeremy Kudon
- Justin Stempeck
- Bryce Blum
- Harris Peskin
- Anna Sainsbury
- Andy Cunningham
- Ali Miranda
- Philip Sicuso